- Reflective Tint: Tennessee, like many other states, legally requires that a vehicle’s level of window tinting is not too dark or too reflective. Window tinting film usually contains metallic elements that, just like sunglasses, are able to reflect incoming light in order to reduce the glare and heat that comes from visible light. Glare reduction is okay, but in Tennessee you must choose a window tinting that does not have a metallic or mirrored appearance.
- Darkness: Window tint darkness is measured in terms of Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%), which refers to the percentage of visible light that is allowed in through the film and glass. In Tennessee, a car’s windshield, front, side, and rear windows must allow more than 35% of light in. If you have an SUV, however, you can use any level of darkness for the rear and rear-side windows, as long as the windshield and the front-side windows allow more than 35% of light into the cabin.
Window tinting is great for a number of things—it reduces the heat inside your car, keeps your upholstery in good condition, and adds a sense of privacy. There are many options available for tinting your windows, and also some legal issues to keep in mind. The following guide will explore everything you need to know for successful window tinting:
How Much Darkness Do You Need?
If you want to increase the comfort and reduce the glare inside of your cabin, you won’t actually need to purchase very dark window tinting. Just be sure to get high quality window tinting film that comes with a good warranty. Avoid cheap window tinting films—these will peel, fade, and bubble over the years, making them much more expensive over time than higher quality tint.
At MILES The Auto Spa we pride ourselves in offering some of the best window tinting in the state of Tennessee. To learn more about what we have to offer, visit our website or call us at (888) 816-5489.
We hope you had an opportunity to take advantage of these great deals. From all of here at MILES, we wish you a very Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays! Thanks so much for your business!
Our M2 “best” full service carwashes sell individually for $29. Normally our 5 MILES card sells for $119 – but for you, on this Christmas Eve - $99 today only.
Curb rash got your wheels feeling a bit “frightful”? Let’s us return them to the way they looked when they were new. Celebrating the holiday season today by doing so for half off!
- 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Sunday
- 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday
- 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Tuesday
- 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Wednesday
- 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Thursday
- 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Friday
- 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM Saturday